8.09.2011

So much to tell! (days 6/7/8?)


I've been mega neglecting this blog! Oh well! Let's see, what to tell, what to tell.

On the production side of the play, all is dandy and lovely. My job is pretty much only getting easier and easier from here on out. We're currently in day three of tech(the show opens day after tomorrow!) so, I've got pretty much an awesome sense of who needs their mics on and when, and once people stop talking off stage, if I make a slip up, it's easy to fix.

Really what I'm feeling lately is very blessed. I love it here. Fowler has definitely made an impact on my life, and not just in the theater experience type of way. Since I've been here I've only grown more independent. It's an amazing feeling, knowing that in a couple of weeks, when I go to college I'll be able to handle it. I feel like I'm truly myself while I'm here, and haven't needed to be something I'm not.

My mother asked for more information on the other people down here, so that's mainly what I'll put from here on out.

Institute student:
Everyone here has been so great, it almost feels like their not real when I try to explain them.
The three people I've become the closest to would have to be Tom, Birdie, and Sabrina.

Tom is the Sound assistant, and puts Mics on people for us. The way he holds himself is so care free, and I've never heard a negative word out of his mouth. He always has a nice thing to say about anything, and it's obvious that he loves theater. He gives me this sense of feeling at home when I'm with him, and I think it's cause he just is so real. We got close over setting up sound stuff around the park.

Birdie is the most wonderful adventure I've ever had the fortune of meeting. She's short, beautiful, and from Georgia, with an amazing accent. You know how when you look at a super ripe peach it's all soft, fuzzy, and beautiful on the outside, and when you bite in to it it's even more juicy and delectable on the inside? That's what Birdie is. (not saying I want to eat her. She's amazing, but not 'I'd be a cannibal' amazing." She just does what she wants. She changed her name, had this crazy adventure where she got married and then divorced, doesn't believe in boy friends, and totally is inspiring. I doubt she'd take anything back, and she's really taught me not to regret anything in life. That all of life is this compilation of moments that coincide to make something beautiful. I'm so blessed to have met her.

Sabrina was the first person I got super close to here. She's the type of person who everyone (except crazy people) like. She's so nice, and positive, and gives off this vibe of "yeah! lets go do it!" when ever she's presented with a challenge. As weird as it sounds, I wouldn't mind growing up to be more like her. She's planning to become a teacher, and will be the best theater teacher (besides my mother back in her day) I'll have ever had the fortune to meet. Sub, as I call her, do to a mistype by the chamber of commerce, is the most loving, caring person I've met in a long time, and I can't believe that she has helped me here so much.

I could write for hours about the rest of the people. Everyone is so unique here, and has these back grounds that are adventures. I've said it before, but I can't wait to be like that. This trip has reaffirmed my, take like as it comes, have no regrets, and take every single opportunity you can, out look on life. It's been a wonderful adventure, one that's helped me develop the type of person I want to be. It's really the final step of escalating the childhood stairs, and I've hit the second floor, and don't plan to stop running. As much as I'm excited to go home and see my mom, Thomas, Morgan, and friends, I'm going to miss being here.

Anyways. Stay lovely ya'll.
I like your face.
Willie


Our wonderful set!


My wonderful buddy Birdie and I at the fabric store!


we went to dollar tree and got 54 dollars worth of fake grapes for props! What's a play about the raisin capital of the world with out grapes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home