8.03.2011

Cuts, bruises, and dirt. (day2/3)

It's regretful that I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. The fact of the matter is simply that I couldn't force myself to do something I didn't want to. Good news on my part is that I got to do something I wanted instead.

Yesterday was plagued by long hours and to much heat. We ended our morning call an hour early for the sheer fact that no one could keep going. I was then left with 5 hours of nothing to do, and I only slept for one of those hours. What ever could I do with 4 hours in a town the size of Fowler? Well, my good people, I did what I always do when I need an emotional let out- I went on a perfect picture search! This town is a funny little one. It's like the town is in a box, and the sides are made of grape vines. In any direction I drove I hit people finishing the last day of harvest. I got a couple good shots, which I'll post at the bottom of the page.

But back to the whole production crew thing.

Yesterday and today we've been cabling lights, a tedious process of climbing up a ladder, tying 80lbs of cable to a pole 25 feet above the ground, climbing down, moving the ladder, and repeating. Luckily we just finished up with the aspect of our job, and now the lighting crew starts focusing tonight. (a process that starts at 9pm, and ends at 1am.) I get to do sound tonight, working while people are rehearsing, from 6 to 10.

I can't believe how much I've learned while here. Anyone who wants to go in to theater should just intern as much as possible. It's like I've stepped in to a whole new world. While gaining knowledge has been awesome, it hasn't been my favorite part by far. I've loved, and I mean LOVED, getting to know the people. Everyone has these crazy back stories, and these crazy adventures still in front of them. It's inspiring to know that I'm on the cusp of this life that is going to be full of passion, and adventure. It really makes me feel like the whole world is open to me. There isn't anything I can't go out and do if I really want to.

Well now that I've got all cheesy, and optimistic I'll end. :)

I love you all, and miss you tons.
Stay lovely,
Willie Mae

(P.s. Tomorrow marks 1 week till open! WOAH CRAZY FAST)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home