8.05.2011

Of sleep and smiles (day4/5?)

For no real reason, I'm feeling a little less excited to post today. But I figure there are exciting things to share. :)

We've got all of our sound stuff up and running! Yay! So much less work then lighting! ;) Basically now that the sound designer is here, it's my job to learn everything I can from him, and learn how to fix anything if it stops working during the show.

Last night we had our first spacing rehearsal on the set, and our first rehearsal where people were had mics on. There are 11 people on wireless mics, and 9 more mics that get transferred from person to person throughout the show. It's my job to sit up there and make everyone sound dynamite. It really wasn't that hard to do, but yesterday I only had 6 people with microphones on, and no script. We'll see how tonight goes.

I can't believe we're at 6 days till show! It's gone by so fast! 4 of those six are going to be tech rehearsals, so we'll be pretty busy.

Other than that, nothing of huge amazing-ness has happened. The light board blew up yesterday (literally started smoking and smelling like burnt wires. it was AWESOME to see, especially from my seat up above!)I've got blisters on my hands from climbing the scaffolding to get to my board, and I saw myself in a mirror for the first time since I've been here. (I haven't worn any make up, cause I just sweat it right off, so I'm looking a little more natural then I'm used to.)

I'm doing amazingly well. Much better than I could have ever hoped for. I feel like a real person. With a real purpose and I'm REALLY happy.

As good as that is I still miss all the lovely people at home, and can't wait to see you all again.
<3

Stay lovely you wonderful people you.
WM

(p.s. I LOVE YOU MOM.)



our Awesome set during blocking last night! it's made entirely from raisin bins! I set all of the bins on stage right, and swept the stage 3 times to get the raisins left over in the bins off the stage!



my battle wound from the epic fight I got in with one of the source four lights! We dueled till the end, and I came out on top!


My "home away from the Buddhist church" as Tom, the other sounds associate, calls it. This is where all the magic happens!

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger echo said...

Willie, it looks like you are having a time that you will never forget! Greg and I did one whole summer, May to Sept at the Black Hills Playhouse in Custer State park, exhausting! Bitter! and yet I would never take that experience away from myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home